With the advent of technology and the way it has evolved during these past couple of years, it is remarkable. Technology has changed the way of living, it has changed the way people move in the world, and it has provided opportunities to all newcomers to change the game.
And in this process, websites have played a very important role. The transformation of websites, matching the footsteps of the growing technology is very impressive. One of the biggest challenges faced by any website development agency was to develop websites that continue to progress with time and include responsive browsing.
This is human nature that with time trends and preferences change and hence, brands and companies need to have trendy websites and online portals because nobody likes obsolete designs.
Technological changes – like the shift from laptops to tablets to smartphones – basically, changes in screen size, etc. affect users preferences while navigating a website,
There are some prerequisites for website designing which include; the ability to brainstorm creatively, understanding the psychology behind colors, technological knowledge and the sense of creating a design that is appealing for the users,
Here we will discuss some unique and trendy website template ideas that will help a good website development agency design or even redesign a website for brands.
There are many website layouts that time and again have managed to attract people, these include drop shadows and depth, lively color schemes, particle backgrounds, dynamic gradients, animated web elements, flat design style, and realism web design, etc.
But we will discuss only those layouts which are expected to trend during 2021.
- Drop shadows and depth: Websites that use shadows have always been more visually appealing as compared to other website designs. This still is, however, not something new this has been in the trend for the last few years. A web development agency working on a drop shadow layout plays with the shadows to create depth and the illusion of a world beyond the screen. This not-so-new trend emerged after flat design web layouts began gaining momentum and all website designs started looking similar, hence drop shadows and depth layouts were introduced, shifting attention from flat design. Drop shadow designs contrast with the elements of flat design and minimal design styles.
- Realism design: Have you ever seen websites that have more photos than text. These are real designs. A lot of brands prefer this design and focus more on pictures, particularly e-commerce websites and online stores because the audience purchases stuff that they see, and hence pictures are very important to attract customers. This website layout is the best to convey transparency of the brands’ products.
- Flat design: When drop shadow and depth design emerged, flat designs became obsolete. However, after a few years, they came back with a bang. This layout was not common in 2020; however, in 2021 it will once again gain momentum. This design, just like its name flat, involves images and graphics in 2D or a layered form. It looks like a 3D object has been smashed. Despite this look, this design is considered as everlasting, and brands that are looking for something for a long-term ask the website development agency that they are working with to go with flat designs, and agencies also prefer working on it because it is easy to make.
- Lively color schemes: Have you noticed that websites have entered the colorful zone, no longer the websites developers play with black and white. Three years ago, a new trend emerged which allowed website designers to play with more colors, particularly vibrant colors. Lively color scheme design involves the use of vibrant shades, different angles, and various slashes. Fashion brands or children-specific websites use lively scheme layout for their websites as it attracts customers instantly. This layout is different from all other traditional layouts but this will rule the web development phenomenon this year.
- Animated designs: It has been more than a decade now that people have started acknowledging animations. Previously, it was only to the extent of films but now it has taken over. Since 2019, we have started seeing animated websites that fascinate the visitors and they are forced to wait and have a look at them. In 2021, more websites are expected to move from static images to animations. Animated websites are the best way to engage users in a communication approach. For example websites development agency while designing a layout can add graphics when the page is loading, or add an interesting hover state from a link, in this way brands can include visitors in their space allowing them to explore more freely.
Websites are very important, they have the power to make or break a brand, hence agencies should be more careful when designing the layout of a website.